kZaMSEs8bhox1qeqgumRFj9Lymo Nothing Off Limits: When Are We Officially Old?

Welcome!

Welcome!
Follow Me on Twitter!! sandilynn1975

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When Are We Officially Old?


Just kidding really. My husband turns 35 on Friday. I like to tease him because he's got a couple of years on me. I figure everyone does it to themselves. You hit 20 and you're freaking out because you aren't a teen anymore, but hey you have your 21st to look forward to. After that you start to wonder if you have no other birthdays to look forward to, other than getting older. Oh but wait! Insurance drops at 25. So you look forward to that. As 30 looms near you think OH MY GOD. I am not in my 20's anymore. I'm old...and you have a mid life crisis. You go out and buy oh say a Harley? Ha! Others might buy a sports car or look down and see they are wearing outdated clothes with an outdated hairdo and change that up. Ladies if you look up and your bangs are still super tall and stiff with Aqua Net you are kinda stuck in the 80's. Just saying!

Anyway, 35 to my husband seems way too close to 40. I look at it like this. Next year he'll be saying he's 36. Oh no! That's closer to 40 than to 30! Then of course on and on. I myself try to just age gracefully. I get carded on occasion. I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.

6 comments:

Meryl (proud pinay) said...

happy birthday to your husband ^_^

Anonymous said...

58 here. You are both still youngsters to me.

Dwacon said...

Getting old sucks... but it sure beats the alternative!

Anonymous said...

Hi friend,

friend? he he yes we are through entrecard...

anyway.. 35 is still young compared to 45.. that's me.. lol!

but as what the saying goes "age does not matter"
...so, what matters most is to stay "young at heart"

:)

Jackie said...

Hi Sandi,
I decided to post this down here as to not be too obvious.

I read a comment you made about not completely understanding EC's new policy.

Here it is in a nut shell and the reason I too am leaving.

They are going to start with commercial adds. But, they will match the adds for your blog according to your category listing.

You must accept and run this add without exception or they will penalize you by debiting credits from your account.

That is why so many are leaving. There are a ton of EC people showing up at CMF.

I signed up there a couple of weeks ago and I love it. They don;t pressure you, no forced adds, and they are most helpful.

You can find a link to them on my blog.

http://shinade.blogspot.com/

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Happy day!!:-)

Cali-delights said...

Cute post :)

Stats

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Add Me to Your Delicious Bookmarks!

Pregnant with Cancer Headline Animator