kZaMSEs8bhox1qeqgumRFj9Lymo Nothing Off Limits: Laptop Woes

Welcome!

Welcome!
Follow Me on Twitter!! sandilynn1975

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Laptop Woes

Well, my laptop is possessed by a demon. Or something close to it. To give you the history about 6 months ago I was sitting on my couch sipping my coffee (yes you know where this is going) and as I lifted my mug to my lips it somehow escaped and flipped up high in the air and came slamming down on me. Now I did have myself covered with a large comforter at the time. So it took most of the spill but my laptop did get wet. I immediately dried it off and for the most part it seemed ok. Later I saw that it sometimes spontaneously restarted and would beeeep beeeeeeeeeeeep beep super loud until it got to the login screen. It has since stopped doing that. All was well until I noticed on occasion it would scroll on it's own. This was not an immediate thing. This was a month or two later so I have no idea if there is a connection. Anyway it was mild. It would irritate me. I would punch the page up and down key and the end key. It would stop. I would go about my business. Well tonight was a whole different story. It went CRAZY. It wants to mainly scroll down. Not up. So I figure it's the page down key. Well it will work for awhile then mess up again. It was all over the place. Somehow my clock is now messed up to. It's 11:44 Ale. WHHHAT??? So I am curious as to how to fix this. When I open up my clock it seems to be set to the correct time zone. Do I have it set to the wrong language? What did my computer do? I think it has taken on a mind of it's own and has chosen it's own language. ha! Anyway if anyone has some simple clues on how to fix my clock it would be appreciated. I run virus programs and scans and spyware programs frequently. So I just don't know. Right now it's acting normally. I guarantee it won't last. *sigh*

7 comments:

Hayley/Shu Fen said...

i have a problem too, my computer time always changes on startup...it's irritating ):

Trooper Thorn said...

Sounds like a bad 1980's movie where the computer falls in love with you and recreates itself in an image you find pleasing. But then it becomes too 'perfect' and you and your male best friend (who secretly loves you) have to join forces to disable your laptop/boyfriend.

Thanks for your comment on my Hot Dad's posting. There are often too many siblings on top of other siblings in my home too.

Unknown said...

Computers are insane, with minds of their own. That beeping thing happened to me the other day and I removed the battery in back, shut it down, and rebooted. No problems since.

peace,
mike
livelife365

Ciela said...

I wish I could help the beautiful Sandi. But I know nothing on computers. Hopefully an angel would take over that computer. (LOL) Good luck my dear!

Cameron said...

Might not be the page down key, it might be the down arrow. Trying working that button a little bit, maybe take a q-tip to it.

Sandi said...

Cameron this is quite possible since the right arrow DID stop functioning altogether. I need a new laptop. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I'm a Mac. Whew!

Stats

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Add Me to Your Delicious Bookmarks!

Pregnant with Cancer Headline Animator