kZaMSEs8bhox1qeqgumRFj9Lymo Nothing Off Limits: Dreaming of My Guitar

Welcome!

Welcome!
Follow Me on Twitter!! sandilynn1975

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dreaming of My Guitar

Well, I haven't had much opportunity at all to practice my guitar since I bought it. The trouble being the very afternoon I bought it I started feeling sick. I then got worse as the day progressed and was sick most of the week. Finally I am feeling up to par and of course my daughter is sick so I am spending all my time caring for her. So there the guitar sits...staring back at me, taunting me. I may just have to make some time tonight. I did manage to strum a bit and I am going through a book learning the basics. Still, I think I could use an actual instructor. I think it would help. Another thing that I have to do but am dreading? Getting rid of my fingernails. It may seem trivial but I know they cannot be too long. I am ready to say goodbye to the length to accomplish this goal though.

4 comments:

Frye said...

My guitar stares and taunts me regularly, I know the feeling. Guitar lessons is never a bad route, I never took the opportunity, taught myself all I could and my skills after 8 years still aren't that great.

I imagine fitting lessons into your schedule might be difficult, you sound like a busy woman, but learning the basics from a book is definitely a good start.

And short fingernails, especially on your fretting hand, definitely a must. It annoys the crap out of me when they are just a little too long. :-)

Best of luck in your learning process! A little at a time is all it takes as long as you stick with it.

Anonymous said...

Give the "Rock House Method" a look, it is what I am using, and it is pretty darned "user friendly"...

http://www.rockhousemethod.com/

chilly said...

Hi! Congrats on the new guitar and hope you enjoy it much as I have mine and the learning. Just have fun and you'll go a long way. :-)

Anonymous said...

I bought Bill a guitar a couple years ago because he said he had always wanted one and he tried teaching himself for awhile and I even offered to get him lessons at the music store, but he was afraid he was too old and would look silly. So there it sits now just gathering dust and he hasn't touched it for a year. I hope everyone will be feeling better at your house soon and you'll be able to get some practice in, Good Luck.

Stats

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Add Me to Your Delicious Bookmarks!

Pregnant with Cancer Headline Animator