kZaMSEs8bhox1qeqgumRFj9Lymo Nothing Off Limits: Karaoke and Local Bands

Welcome!

Welcome!
Follow Me on Twitter!! sandilynn1975

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Karaoke and Local Bands

I ended up getting out this weekend after all. It was kind of unexpected. The hubby and I were invited to a bar that a guy he works with owns. It was his 50th birthday. A local band was playing that I hadn't heard of. They didn't sound too bad. Then I looked at the singer. It was the hubby's best friend's brother. See what I mean by small towns? Only can something like this happen in a series of a bunch of small towns all smooshed together. We headed about 20 miles from home so we didn't expect that. He was good though.

I got a little bored after awhile because frankly they were all the hubby's friends and so I didn't have many people to directly socialize with. I love hanging out with my girls. They know who they are. Anyway we headed back into our town around 11. There is a guy who does karaoke in our town every weekend. He knows me by name. Ha! Anyway we walked in the door, he smiles HUGE and said hi to us on the mic. I submitted a couple of songs off the bat. Then I noticed an old friend about halfway up the bar. We ended up hanging out with him and his mom! haha She's a sweet lady and I got her dancing with me too. I sang Whiskey Lullaby with the hubs. Then I sang a little Alanis Morisette. I cranked out You Oughta Know, which is my signature tune. I always do that one. Then later on in the evening I sang Say it Right by Nelly Furtado and I finished the evening off, last song of the night with Before He Cheats, by Carried Underwood. It was a whole lot of fun and Dennis (the karaoke dude) asked us to come back SOON. We don't get up there enough and it's only a few blocks away. I love nothing more than enjoying some music with friends. Just prop the guitar up on your knee and belt out a few tunes. The only problem is, it's hard to get me to stop!

0 comments:

Stats

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Add Me to Your Delicious Bookmarks!

Pregnant with Cancer Headline Animator