kZaMSEs8bhox1qeqgumRFj9Lymo Nothing Off Limits: Ever Get Tired of Being the Nice Guy?

Welcome!

Welcome!
Follow Me on Twitter!! sandilynn1975

Monday, January 2, 2012

Ever Get Tired of Being the Nice Guy?

I joined facebook before it was really a popular thing to do. I was in college in 2005 and yes there were people on there but honestly everyone was still loving Myspace. I was a part of both. I have always been very computer savvy. I did things on a computer in school when no one else could. Anyway I developed friendships online through various sites and on my blog. I don't do creepy things online and I try to be fairly selective in my friendships. There was a time I was home alone a lot and I made friends. I frequently had people treat me as though my friendships were odd or not real but in my opinion those people live in the dark ages. You can make friends online these days. I'm not the type of person who would meet someone online. I see no reason to do that. I separate the two worlds. However the idea of communicating online has not been a big deal to me for a very long time.

Moving on, family joined facebook. There became a surge of new people on my friends list who started judging my friendships with people who I didn't know in real life, male or female. I can explain to people that I am friends with a person online but I'm wasting my breath. They find it weird no matter what I do. If I were a single women looking for a date online I would probably understand their concern but I'm not looking for a relationship. I have blogger friends, and other social networking friends. To me it's just so not relevant to my relationship with anyone else. I knew family judged me. I come from a large Baptist family. Judgement is sort of a given. I ignore it. I know I'm a good person and a smart person as well. I get some rude opinions on occasion but you know, whatever. I get a little ruffled and move on. Last night I posted 3 pictures from my night on New Years Eve. I almost immediately received a rude comment from a family member stating that "I must have really liked that outfit because I posted a ton of pictures in it." If you are interested in what those pictures are scroll down, that's them in my last post. So, yeah. Whatever. I was offended for more than one reason. 1) That was rude to say 2) this is MY space and who are you to invade it with rude comments? and 3) this person has never been nice to me a single day in my life.

So I did what any sane person would do. I deleted them from my page. I blocked them. I have a very large family and I have dealt with rude, judgmental people all my life. I have been married for a loooooooong time. I have four beautiful daughters, I have beaten cancer, I have earned a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing and yet, it seems, some of my family chooses to only pick out my flaws and decide that I'm a bad person or something. I cuss on occasion, I drink a little bit and sometimes I wear a short skirt when I go out. I may even snap a couple of pictures because I look hot. Yes this is what people in my Baptist family don't like. I say, kiss my ass. If you don't like it, don't look. Thank you and have a nice day. :)




0 comments:

Stats

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Add Me to Your Delicious Bookmarks!

Pregnant with Cancer Headline Animator