kZaMSEs8bhox1qeqgumRFj9Lymo Nothing Off Limits: Chicken Parmesan and Pumpkin Cake

Welcome!

Welcome!
Follow Me on Twitter!! sandilynn1975

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chicken Parmesan and Pumpkin Cake

I made both of these two things in the past two days. I am happy to say the cake is pretty much gone thanks to having a few kids around the house. I had some and it was excellent. I really do not like having the temptation around.I love cooking but unfortunately with that food comes the temptation to eat it all and then of course gain a million pounds! I am still trying to figure out how to be the cook I want to be while at the same time not eating it all and gaining weight. I usually just end up resisting the urge to bake so the temptation is not there. I do love trying new recipes though.

The pumpkin "cake" recipe was actually for pumpkin bars. The bars were much more like a cake. They were not worthy of being called a bar because they most definitely were not. I had read the reviews on the recipe and was perfectly ok with this. I wanted more of a cake anyway. It was great. I got rave reviews on it. I made chicken Parmesan for the first time. It's crazy since pasta is my favorite food EVER and chicken Parmesan is a super fave of mine. It turned out great. I would still tweak the recipe a bit next time. Not enough sauce for my liking. I like a lot of it. Also the cooking time on the chicken was not nearly enough. I had to adjust that as well.

I wish I had taken pics but I did not. You'll have to use your imagination. As you can see I'm enjoying being free of school. I am still studying for NCLEX and will be taking the boards soon. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Svr said...

Hey girl! I haven't been around much but I saw a trace of you and thought I'd say hello. Hello! How are you doing> and the little pumpkin? I can't believe next week marks my 6 year cancerversary! You still clear. I have GOT to get more online time! I hope all is well.

Tammy - svrmomof6

Stats

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Add Me to Your Delicious Bookmarks!

Pregnant with Cancer Headline Animator